Monday, February 15, 2010

... The following images are photoshop'd!!!1

WebUrbanist has published a list of "15 Artists to Watch" in the digital illustration world. Worth taking a look at...  some of these are pretty cool. I was especially impressed with Yuko Shimizu, Alberto Cerriteño, and David Newton.  It makes my limited skills in Photoshop and Illustrator look like child's play, that's for sure.




The website also pointed me to an article about photo-manipulator and photographer Erik Johansson.  I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of photographs being created almost entirely from Photoshop.  Sometimes I feel like its a necessary evil that's not going away any time soon; the most acclaimed fine art photographers use multiple photographs to make a final image. I don't know, though... other times it just feels like a cheap trick or cheating.  Although most of it is a bit too "CG" or "optical illusion" for my taste, there's a few gems in his portfolio. I'd love to see the original photographs, prior to manipulation

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment