Sunday, February 7, 2010

... Markus Schulz played some trance.

This past Friday, February 5th, Markus Schulz returned to Minneapolis, celebrating his birthday week.  And what better way to celebrate your birthday than a packed crowd at Karma singing you Happy Birthday, cake backstage, lasers, and 2 hours of hands-in-the-air trance?  As much as I love the larger shows that Sound in Motion throws (say, at Epic), I love the smaller or medium-sized shows like this show; it gives me a bit of a break from running around the whole time, making sure I get the shots I want.  Once again struggling with overexposed photos from the excessive fog (typical at Karma), I took a few extended breaks, even putting the camera away and making my way right smack in the middle of the crowd, drink in one hand, other hand in the air.  Like many headliners this past year, Markus dropped Dustin Zahn's "Stranger to Stability" (Len Faki Remix); even though only a handful of people there probably recognized it as coming from a Minneapolis local, it still elicited quite the response on the dancefloor, per usual. Another track I took note of was Schulz's mashup of Rex Mundi's "Nothing at All" vs. Marco V's "Unprepared."

See all my photos from the night at simshows.com or on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I heard Stranger To Stability while I was out front handing out flyers. Killer tune.

    ReplyDelete